The accumulation of fat in the abdominal area is a nightmare for all those who suffer it because it can be very difficult to reduce.
Besides being aesthetically bad, abdominal fat can lead to dangerous diseases such as type 2 diabetes (characterized by insulin resistance), cardiovascular disease and even cancer.
In this sense, the accumulation of fat must be removed to avoid the risk of these diseases. While there are many exercises that help to combat abdominal fat, the most effective to accomplish this goal is yoga. This article will teach you various yoga positions to reduce fat on the belly.
5 yoga poses to reduce the stubborn belly fat
Yoga, besides being beneficial for the health of the body in general, is very easy to do and anyone can do it regardless of age or physical condition.
However, keep in mind that while yoga is very effective, it is not a magic solution. If you want to reduce abdominal fat you must also accompanied it with a proper nutrition.
Yoga postures to reduce abdominal fat
1. Bhujang asana
This position serves to combat hosted abdominal fat, while allowing the strengthening of the abdominal muscles. It also allows achieving a flexible column because it also strengthens the back and upper body.
This position also helps fight constipation and improve the functioning of the digestive system.
- Lie on a flat surface face down
- Raise your upper body with your arms
- Look at a fixed point on the roof
- It is recommended to sway back and forth as you remain in this position for strengthening better the abdominal muscles.
This position is also very effective in reducing belly fat because it requires a great effort of the abdominal muscles. It also helps strengthen the muscles of the back and legs.
- Lie on a flat surface facing upward with arms stretched beside the body and legs together.
- Inhale and lift your legs carefully, making sure that they stay straight (you must not bend your knees)
- Stretch the foot and toes and try to raise the legs as much as you can
- Raise your arms straight and looking to reach the toes: think of creating a degree angle with your body
- Breathe for fifteen seconds while holding this position
- After disarming the position, rest for fifteen seconds
- Repeat this position five more times
This position helps stretch the abdomen and promotes the well operation of the digestive system.
- Lie on a flat surface with legs straight and arms stretched to the sides of the body
- Breathe, bend your knees and bring your arms to your ankles
- Inhale, lift your head back and begin to achieve lift your legs as high as possible
- Hold this position for fifteen seconds, inhaling and exhaling with conscience
- Then return to the original position, rest a few seconds and repeat 5 times
This position is the most difficult to perform but also the most effective in burning belly fat. It also helps strengthen the muscles in the arms, back, shoulders, buttocks and thighs.
Note that if you have back injuries or if you suffer from hypertension, it is recommended that you avoid this posture.
- Lie face down on a flat surface with hands apart about shoulder width apart and on the feet hip-width
- Keep your body aligned and raise your body, helping with your hands and feet. Look between your palms to keep the neck and spine aligned and to hold the abdominal muscles
- Hold this position for fifteen seconds, breathing normally
- To release this position, exhale, take the buttocks to the heels, rest your forehead on the floor and put your arms at your sides
- Rest for fifteen seconds and repeat it four times
This position, in addition to help strengthen the abdominal muscles, is very beneficial for relieving lower back pain. Also, this approach balances the pH levels in the stomach, improves the functioning of the metabolic process, massages the colon and fights constipation.
- Lie on your back with your legs straight and arms at your sides
- Stretch your feet so that your heels touch each other
- Exhale, bend your knees and slowly bring them toward your chest
- Use the thighs to give more pressure to the abdominal area
- Hold your knees with your arms
- Swing from side to side, breathing normally for fifteen seconds
- To disarm this position, you should exhale, drop your knees and bring your hands to the floor with the palms facing down
- Rest fifteen seconds and repeat five more times
If you want that these exercises are even more effective, we recommend that you perform them early in the morning and then repeat three or four times during the day.
Yoga, besides being beneficial for health in general, is very effective in reducing belly fat. Try these miraculous postures and you will not believe the results.