Breakfast is the most important meal of the day because it is the one that gives us the energy to perform our daily activities. For this reason it is very important that we take a healthy and nutritious breakfast each morning. Much more important is that we never skip this meal.
A good breakfast will help us face the day with energy and keep our metabolism working properly to burn excess fat.For a healthy breakfast you should follow the advice we will teach you in this article.
How to eat a healthy breakfast
To have a healthy breakfast it is necessary that you follow the advices that we mention, but it is also important that you have breakfast in a relaxed and unhurried for our body digest the food better.
The recommended proteins for healthy breakfast are nuts, eggs and cold cuts.
- Cold cuts: should be less fatty as turkey or ham. Avoid bacon because it is very heavy.
- Eggs: they are an excellent alternative to include protein. However, you should avoid fried eggs. You can them consume poached or boiled.
- Nuts: they are a good choice because they provide us high levels of Omega 3. However, you should consume them in moderation because they are high in calories.
Dairy products are very important for a healthy breakfast because they provide us enough calcium to keep our bones strong. You can drink milk, yogurt or cheese.
- Milk: milks liberated of lactose are better because they are more lenient to the body. You can eat soy milk or almond milk.
- Yogurt: it can be used to replace milk because it has all the benefits of it but it is not high in lactose.
- Cheese: low-fat cheeses are recommended because they are lighter and our metabolism can support them better.
For a healthy breakfast it is recommended to consume cereals. The best cereal to incorporate is oats because it has less sugar. If you prefer to eat bread, it must be whole wheat bread because its high levels of fiber are beneficial to regulate metabolism. However, it is recommended that you avoid the pastries because they are very high in fat and sugar.
We recommend eating the whole fruit, not juice as this reduces the amount of nutrients and provides us more calories, because we consume more fruit juice to feel satiety that if we eat them whole. It is recommended to vary the fruit to obtain a correct balance of vitamins and minerals.
Examples of a healthy breakfast
- An orange, whole wheat sandwich with turkey ham and low-fat cheese and a glass of milk.
- Bowl of cereal with milk, a banana and 4 nuts.
- Coffee with milk, scrambled eggs and a bowl of strawberries.
- Tea with milk, a slice of bread with low-fat cheese and a plum.
- Tea with milk and a slice of bread with tomato and olive oil.
- Yogurt, tuna sandwich on whole wheat bread and two slices of pineapple.
- Smoothie and sandwich of whole wheat bread with ham and low-fat cheese.
- Coffee with milk, toasted bread with tomato and ham and kiwi.
Note that healthy people who eat breakfast maintain a healthy weight and have energy to face the day. In addition we recommend that before breakfast you drink a glass of water and lemon, which will help you to digest the consumed foods.
A little balanced breakfast is a sin for any organism, for that reason, consider the advices we give you.