Asthma is a disease of the airways why these get swell and narrow, making breathing difficult and causing wheezing, coughing and chest tightness.
This disease attacks people with sensitive airways, who can develop an asthma attack for various reasons such as vacuuming pollen, performing strenuous exercise, dust mites suck or by suffering from a strong emotion, among others.
Luckily, nature gives us all the elements necessary to treat this disease. If you want to know how to prepare natural remedies to treat asthma, read this note.
Natural remedies to treat asthma
The remedies to treat and control asthma that we present to you are made exclusively from natural ingredients that are very easily available in any local store.
In addition, these remedies do not have contra effects and can be used to treat asthma in children, which is very important because, according to the World Health Organization, asthma is the most common chronic disease among children.
1. Ginger tea
Ginger is a great ally to combat respiratory problems because it has powerful anti-inflammatory properties. In addition, ginger is a natural bronchodilator that helps to improve the flow of breath.
- To prepare this tea, wash and cut a piece of ginger into small pieces
- Then put it in boiling water and leave it there for five minutes
- Filter to remove the pieces of ginger
- Drink this tea every morning every day to control asthma attacks. You can sweeten with honey if you feel it very bitter
2. Sage vapors
Sage is a plant with essential aromas containing effective anti-inflammatory properties. So if you do not want to drink a tea, you can realize yourself these vapors with sage that will quickly open your airways.
- Sage leaves
- Boil several dried sage leaves in a saucepan with water
- Boil for five minutes and remove from heat
- Carefully breathe vapors given off by the sage and see that you can breathe better quickly.
3. Essential oil of rosemary or eucalyptus
Both rosemary and eucalyptus are plants that give us better breathing instantly due to its expectorant properties.
- Eucalyptus or rosemary leaves
- Almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil
- Crush leaves of rosemary or eucalyptus with your hands. Flatten it as much as possible to extract all the oil
- Place the crushed leaves in a saucepan and add almond oil, coconut oil or olive oil (a cup of oil for every 10 grams of leaves)
- Put the pan to simmer and cook for five hours to integrate both ingredients
- Once cool, filter to remove the remains of leaves
- Rub your chest with oil and perform a massage on the area to free the airways
Besides using these natural remedies to treat and control asthma, doctors recommend drinking plenty of water daily so the secretions from the airways are narrower, having a varied diet of fruits and vegetables (organic if possible) and avoiding contact with respiratory irritants such as snuff smoke, dust or mold.
With these home remedies you can easily treat and control asthma completely naturally without drugs that generate dependency.