We are told that to lose weight we should follow a diet full of fruits and vegetables, which is true, but yet we ignore that there are certain vegetables that are more effective than others when it comes to weight loss. This is the case of carrots.
Carrot, an orange root which is sold in all markets, is a great ally for weight loss because it is composed of a variety of nutrients that regulate the functioning of the body. In addition, carrots reduce cholesterol, protect against cancer and strengthen the immune system.
Using carrot for weight loss
The carrot is very versatile so it can be eaten with any other food and the way you like it: raw whole or grated, mashed, baked, steamed, boiled. Here, we show you a recipe so you can drink every morning when you wake up and start the day with energy.
Orange and carrot juice for weight loss
This juice is very effective for losing weight due to the combination of nutrients of the orange and the carrot, since both have large amounts of antioxidants, fiber and vitamin C. It also serves to start the day detoxified.
- 1 large carrot or 2 small carrots
- Orange juice
- 1 teaspoon of oatmeal
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Wash, peel and cut the carrots. Then bring to boil in a saucepan with water.
- Meanwhile squeeze the juice of an orange.
- Carrots take some time to be cooked but they are ready when are pierced and tender.
- Once the carrots are cooked, put them in a blender with orange juice, a teaspoon of oatmeal and a teaspoon of honey to sweeten. Mix well.
- Drink every day fasting
Benefits of carrot for weight loss
- Its lots of fibers give a purifying effect. This means that the fiber passes through the digestive system carrying with it other foods, eliminating toxins and regulating bowel movement.
- It is an antioxidant due to its high content of beta carotene which, in turn, helps you maintain healthy skin and keep cells younger.
- It has inflammatory properties so it helps prevent bloating (abdominal distension caused by accumulation of gases) and remove gases usually cause you bloating.
- Thanks to its high water content, the carrot is an excellent diuretic that helps eliminate fluid retention that can cause bloating.
- High levels of water and fiber that has the carrot give an extremely satiating power that will help you not peck other foods.
- It is very low in calories (42 calories per 100 grams) so you can eat without guilt.
- The carrot is a thermogenic food, which means acting to promote the burning of calories.
Note that you should not make a diet pure and exclusively of carrots because, although they bring a lot of nutrients, they are not enough for a balanced diet. In this regard, we recommend that you associate them with other vegetables and proteins. Also, you have to know that to achieve weight loss is very important to eat a balanced diet and to do physical activity daily. The carrot has the perfect combo of nutrients to lose weight effectively. Incorporate it into your diet.
We recommend you read: How to lose weight with chia seeds