We all know we should eat our vegetables, but very few of us do! Thatís why juicing has become so popular. Itís an easy and delicious way to consume plenty of nutrient-rich fruits and vegetables. And the vitamins, minerals, and phytonutrients will boost your immune system, and improve your overall health and well-being.
To ensure that you achieve the best results, here are 5 tips for making the healthiest juice drinks for you and your family:
1. Start with the very best produce. Choosing the right fruits and vegetables is key in making juices with the optimal levels of nutrients. Organic produce is always preferable, however, if itís simply not available or not in your budget, make sure to properly clean your fruit and vegetables.
2. Room temperature juice is not very enticing but waiting until it chills can cost you precious enzymes since juices are at their peak immediately after processing. Chill your produce ahead of time and youíll ensure that itís packed with vitamins and minerals.
3. Keep your juicing prep area clean. Produce can be contaminated with bacteria which can make you ill, so make sure to wash all knives, cutting boards, and any utensils which come in contact with your produce.
4. Choose the right combination of juices. There are countless recipes on the internet, and numerous recipe books available in bookstores and online. But itís easy to create your own juice blends when you use the following formula:
- Start with the right base. Celery, cucumbers, and carrots, all make a good base.
- Choose a flavor. Berries, apples, and oranges will add a fresh, delicious taste to your juice.
- Add green for the powerful antioxidants. Kale, spinach, and romaine lettuce are excellent choices.
- Consider adding additional enhancers such as ginger, parsley, wheatgrass, mint, and cilantro.
Don’t be afraid to try different combinations after all the worst thing that could happen is that you end up with a juice you donít like!
5. You can make your own meal replacement drink by adding powdered protein to your juice drink. There are so many different protein powders on the market, that youíll be able to find one to fit your needs or diet plan.
Juicing is not only an ideal way to make sure youíre getting enough fruits and vegetables, but there are also additional benefits which you may not be aware of. These include:
- Juices are more easily digested than whole fruits and vegetables because they are easily absorbed through the intestinal wall.
- If you want to lose weight, juicing will allow you to ìrebootî your system and ease into a diet plan.
- Improved gut health. Fruits and vegetables can help balance the bacteria in your digestive tract which is essential to good health.
Drinking fresh juices prepared in your own kitchen will reward you with increased health, energy, and well-being. Youíll not only feel the results; youíll be able to see them in clearer skin and healthier hair. Once you start juicing, youíll wonder why you didnít start sooner.